Why we give pest management tips & advice to our customers
A core philosophy of Termite Tech is education. We are passionate about keeping homes and property’s healthy and aside from providing professional pest management across Brisbane; we educate and equip our customers to take care of their unwanted guests when we can’t be there.
Though the list could be exhaustive, we thought to give some of our industry’s best (and most practical) tips and advice on pest management to help you keep your home safe, hygienic and as valuable as possible.
Make Sure Your House Is Clean and Dry
- Many pests are drawn to food and water, so begin by making your property less attractive to pests.
- Keep your bathroom and kitchen as dry as you can. Repair leaky sinks & pipes and don’t let water gather in any one area.
- Keep ripe fruit in the fridge.
- If you own an animal, groom it regularly clean it’s bedding as often as you can. Be certain to vacuum floors, rugs and upholstery that your pet interacts with on a regular basis.
Seal Entryways and Doorways
- Keep new pests out by ensuring possibly entry points are sealed off.
- Use silicone to fill any gaps and cracks in floorboards, mouldings, pantries, pipes, sinks, showers and wall outputs.
- Fix holes in any existing screens. The average mouse found in homes can squeeze through a hole that is no bigger than a small coin.
- Keep anything that a pest could use as a ladder into an opening away from your house.
There is much more we could say, and many more pest management tips we could give. The most important pest management tip of all is this:
If you are unsure of how to get rid your home of pests, or haven’t had an inspection in over a year, call the experts at Termite Tech to get the job done right the first time. This will save you possibly thousands in damage to your property, and drastically increase the quality of life within your home.